It is possible for a registered Undergraduate Work Visa to work for up to 20 hours per week during the school year and full time during school holidays.

Students are employed under the following categories:

  • On campus without a Work Permit;
  • Off campus with a Work Permit;
  • In Co-op and Internship Programs, where work experience is part of the curriculum, with a Work Permit.

Spouses or common-law partners of foreign students can be eligible for Open Work Permits for the duration as their partner’s study permit. We recommend that you verify the success rate of partner applications before finalizing your education plans. At least have a backup plan should your spouse not be granted his/her visa. All applicants are subject to vigorous scrutiny by security personnel at most foreign missions.

Upon graduation, a foreign student may apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. Under this program, the work permit may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years. Work should be a corresponding level to the anticipated level of employment expected for the student’s education.

Share this post